What is HTML?
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. HTML is the standard markup language for web pages.
- HTML is the subset of the XHTML language, which is used to create an XML document that is well-formed.
- HTML is used to design the structure of the web pages of the website.
- With HTML you can create your own website. It is easy to learn.
- HTML elements tell the browser how the content should be displayed to the user.
- The current version of HTML is HTML 5.
Why learn HTML?
With HTML you can build your own website, if you don’t know HTML so you can’t build the website. It is one of the major languages of the other languages to use for web development.
How to start HTML coding?
Open Notepad++ or sublime or vs code. There are so many text editors.
<TITLE> MY FRIST WEBSITE </TITLE> (You have to write the page title. What is about your website.)
<H2> HELLO WORLD !!!</H2>
<P> WELCOME TO MY FIRST WEBSITE </P>
Explanation of above example:
<!DOCTYPE HTML> – It is define that this document is a HTML document.
<HTML> – It is the root element of a HTML page.
<HEAD> – This element has each and every piece of an informtion about the HTML page.
<TITLE>- This element shows the title for the HTML page which is shown either on the browser of the title bar or in the tab of the browser.
<BODY>- This element defines the body of the HTML page and it is a container for the visible contents like headings, hyperlinks, tables, paragraphs, and many more.
<H2>- This element defines sets of a second large heading of the page.
<p>- This element defines the paragraph.
and we close any elements from / and the element name. like </title>
If we start the element so it also will close. like <head> </head>
History of HTML
- HTML was created by Sir Tim Berners-Lee in 1991 but was not officially released. It was released in 1995 as HTML2.0.
- HTML1.0 was released in 1993 for sharing information that can be readable via web browsers. In starting not many developers were involved in HTML to build their websites. So the language was not growing during that period.
- HTML 2.0 was published in 1995, which comes with some new features including the features of HTML1.0.
- HTML3.0, where Dave Raggett the fresh draft on HTML. It included all the old features and comes with improved new features of HTML, it gives more features for developers to build a website.
- HTML4.0, it is the most successful version of HTML before HTML5.0 which is currently released and used all over the world.
- HTML5 can be said for an extended version of HTML 4.01, and this version was published in the year 2012.
Each and every version has allowed its user to build web pages in a much easier to make sites efficiently.