Do you want to work on WordPress on Windows PC using WAMP Server? Do you want to work on WordPress without investment first? Do you like to learn WordPress, how to develop websites? Before migrating your website on a live platform, you want to first work on the computer locally. So, here the easy guide of how to install wordpress on windows pc using WAMP Server.
Why do you need to Install WordPress on the computer locally using WAMP Server?
Before migrating your project live server, it’s good that you have work first on the localhost. It gives you a testing environment that doesn’t affect your live website or blog. Here, the beginner’s guide how to install wordpress in wamp.
WordPress developers use a localhost server to develop their themes and plugins. If you want to learn WordPress before investing in Domain and Web hosting, you can locally work on the computer. If you want to know the difference between the domain and webhosting, click on link.
You can develop your themes and plugins and test other themes and plugins to work on them on the localhost server.
Now, I can assume that you already have WAMP Server on your computer. If you don’t know how to install wamp server on your PC, then please click on below link, easy steps to install wamp server on your Windows PC.
Follow below all the steps one by one, so you are able to install WordPress on your PC without any error.
How to install WordPress on Windows PC using WAMP Server
1. First, you need to download the WordPress zip file from the official website of WordPress
Step 2 – To download the WordPress zip file
2. Your zip is downloaded in particular folder. In my case, WordPress zip file downloaded in download folder
3. Extract the zip file of WordPress
4. Change the WordPress folder name. Here, I am giving the name of the folder is project
5. Copy and Paste project folder in WAMP Server folder. Open the WAMP folder there is WWW folder We have to paste our project folder there. Following below images
6. Install WordPress
a. For installing WordPress first, you need to open the browser and open the given link http://localhost/project/
Note: You need to replace the project name in above URL with your folder name.
When you entered this link, you will get a window like this
b. You need to select preferred language. Here, I am selecting English(United States) language and click on continue button.
7. We proceed further with the installation of WordPress; we need first to create the database. Why we make the database first because we will not face the errors, and it will proceed smoothly
8. Click on phpmyadmin, and entered the username= root and password = ” ” and a password should be blank, press on GO button
9. Click on the Go button, now database screen appeared. Press on the database button and create the database name as you preferred the name of the database. After naming the database, you will have to click on the CREATE button
10. Now, you created the database for your project. Now, back to the installation of WordPress. Now, you can click on the Go button where you preferred the language selected. After clicking on the Go button as the below image appeared, you have to click the LET’S GO button now
10. You need to enter the database name as you created the database name per your choice, enter the username and username would be root and password would be blank. Other sections are like it is, and click on SUBMIT button
11. Now, Run the Installation
12. Welcome Screen of WordPress installation now, Enter the Site Title Name, Enter the user name for WordPress Admin Panel, Password as per your choice, or you can also use their strong password. Enter the email address. Click on the Install WordPress button
13. SUCCESS! WordPress has been installed. Thank you, and enjoy! Next, click on Log in button to entered the WordPress dashboard
14. Enter your username and password and click on Log In button
15. You are in WordPress dashboard
Congratulations! WordPress has been installed successfully on your desktop/laptop using WAMP Server. You can proceed with your work on the localhost. All the best!!!!
First you have to check that you are up to date on all version of Visual C++ Redistributable before running the WAMP installation.
- Step 1: Download and install wamp server
- Step 2: Check that everything is working fine.
- Step 3: Create a database in phpMyAdmin
- Step 4: Download and install WordPress
- Step 5: Setup your WordPress configuration
- Step 6: Now you can access your WordPress website.
To login and edit your new WordPress website go to http://localhost/projectfoldername/wp-login.php and use the username/password you created in the previous step.
- Where is the WordPress installation folder?
Ans: You have to copy paste the WordPress folder where you installed WAMP Server on your computer, and you have to followed above article steps. It is easy guide for the beginner’s. How to installed WAMP Server on your computer, click on the link.
2. How do I start WordPress after installing?
Ans: If you want to work on your computer then http://localhost/projectfoldername/wp-login.php, which you mentioned the folder name after unzipped the WordPress file.
If you want to work on your live web hosting then http://yourdomainname/wp-admin, entered and then you have to entered the username and password to enter the WordPress dashboard.
3. How do I install WordPress without softaculous?
Ans: Go with this link How To Install WordPress Manually Using cPanel: Easy Guide , I explained everything in this post.
4. How to I install WordPress using Softaculous?
Ans: Go with this link How to I install WordPress using Softaculous: Easy Guide , I explained everything in this post.
5. What is the important part to install WordPress?
Ans: Please go through this link, you will find full and easy guide How to Install WordPress on Windows PC using WAMP Server.