WAMP stands for
W – Windows,
A – Apache,
M – MySQL,
P – PHP and including database module phpmyadmin (database)
WAMP Server is an open-source and free tool most commonly used by PHP developers, and they are also using for their project testing and development. It has come with a WAMP control panel for managing all its components efficiently.
You can also work with any CMS like WordPress, Joomla, Concrete5, Drupal, etc.
WAMP Server is working as a local server in your system, and you dont need to buy a domain and web hosting to use the WAMP server.
We can also use XAMPP for Windows, which is also stable and useful.
For Linux, you can use LAMP.
For Mac, you can you MAMP.
Prerequisite to install WAMP Server –
First, you have to install VC++ Redistributable on your computer or system.
Please follow all the steps to install VC++ Redistributable with easy steps and without any errors.
Install Visual C++ Redistributable –
You will have to install VC++ Redistributable, and it is a straightforward installation process. Download 32 bit or 64-bit version as per your system configuration.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)
Now, We proceed to install WAMP server on the computer
Follow the below the easy steps to install WAMP Server on the computer
1. How to download WAMP Server
Download WAMP Server from the official website link is below.
2. Two versions of the WAMP Server 32-bit and 64-bit
There are two versions of the server 32-bit and 64-bit, select according to your system’s configuration.
3. Download directly from the official website
When you click on the selected version, the pop up will appear to download the tool. Don’t worry about the warning and click on the “download directly” link and the exe file is download on your computer.
4. Installation process starts
Choose the preferred language and click on the “OK” button. I am going to choose the English language here.
5. License Agreement
In the next screen, you will see the license agreement of the WAMP Server. First, you will have to click on the radio button “I accept the agreement,” After that, you will have to click the “NEXT” button.
6. Installation of VC++ Redistributable Packages
The next screen will inform you about the requirement of the installation of VC++ Redistributable Packages. I Hope you installed all the packages earlier. Here, you will have to click on the “Next” button.
7. Location / Destination of WAMP Server
Select the location. Here, you will have to decide where you want to install the WAMP server on your system. Choose the location wisely. Click on “Browse” then. You can choose the location on your system you like. After selecting the location, then click on “Next.”
8. Select the components. Which components should be installed?
Here, you will not have to do this step. These settings should be a default. Now, you click on the “Next” button.
9. Ready to Install
Set up is ready now to begin installing the Server on your computer. Click on “Install” to continue the installation.
10. Installing of WAMP Server
Please wait while Setup installs Server on your computer.
11. Select default browser
In the next screen, a pop-up will appear to choose the Internet Explore the browser, so you have to click on “NO.”
12. Select default Text Editor
Again the pop-up will appear to choose the Text Editor. It’s your choice to click on “YES” or “NO.” But here I am selecting the “NO” option.
The next screen is for an instruction of server and database.
14. Completing the Setup
The setup has finished installing the Server on your computer. Click on Finish and Exit from the Setup.
15. Ready to Start the WAMP Server
You will see the icon of the server on the tray section. First, icon should be red color.
16. Second, The icon should be orange color.
17. Third, The icon should be in green color. If the icon is in green color, then the WAMP server is successfully installed on your computer and it’s working mode now.
Congratulations for successful WAMP Sever installation !!!
How to work the WAMP server on your browser?
- The server icon should be in green.
- Choose the browser as you like.
- Type http://localhost:80 or http://localhost:8080 or http://127.0.0.1:8080
3. Next, you can select phpmyadmin to open the database.
4. Using the database, you will use the username is a “root,” and the password would be empty means we will not enter anything. Server choice as per your choice; you may be select MySql or MariaDB. Click on the “Go” button.
5. Now, your database opens, and you will create a database for your project.
Conclusion – If you follow all the steps as mentioned above carefully, you will not face any problem to install the WAMP Server on your computer.
1 thought on “The Ultimate Guide: How to Install WAMP Server on the PC?”